American Consumer Shows
A regional consumer show designed for parents of young children called on HJMT to create buzz about an upcoming three-day event.
To increase attendance by creating media attention, increasing ticket sales for the show producers, product sales for vendors and exposure for sponsors.
• HJMT devised a baby celebrity look-alike search, in which parents would need to attend the event in order to enter the child.
• HJMT partnered with a national parenting publication that would publish pictures of the chosen look-a-likes.
• HJMT wrote and distributed press releases and media alerts, performed extensive media coordination, and coordinated a press conference on the first day of the consumer show to ensure coverage.
• HJMT coordinated with the publication to find baby look-a-likes to act as examples or “spokes-babies” for pre-publicity interviews and the press conference.
• Major metropolitan newspapers reported on the baby search, including The Daily News.
• National television stations including Fox News Channel performed interviews with HJMT and the publication to publicize the baby search prior to the event.
• Agency staff acted as representatives for the show. They were interviewed prior to the event on local TV and radio, including ISLAND 94.3 FM and New York City’s TV 26.
• National and local television, such as News 12 Long Island, LI News Tonight and ABC’S World News Now attended the press conference and toured the event.
• Event exhibitors received local and national TV exposure.
• Admission lines were out the door!